9.06.2010

DO FUN STUFF

I was just browsing Design Mom's blog this evening when I read a post about a kids' music album that was made for the benefit of a disease called Smith Magenis Syndrome. I'm not quite sure what it is and you can go here to learn more about it, but I think it was a marvelous idea to make an album that reaches people all around the world :)

This compilation was curated by Ryan Marshall who writes the blog Pacing the Panic Room. The idea was inspired by his step-son who loves music and has Smith Magenis Syndrome. He made this video recently and I am in awe... I wish I could document my son's activities the way this was made:

So Long I'm Six from The Panic Room Videos on Vimeo.

As I mentioned above, Ryan Marshall curated this kids' music compilation and here is a preview of the songs. You can buy the whole album on iTunes for only $9.99 - I really should top up my iTunes account cause I only have $3.93 left on it but thank God for this preview! Enjoy!

P.S: If you like the music on the video shown above, the title is "Nothing" written and performed by Steve Foxbury and you can find the song in the "Do Fun Stuff" album below.



Read what Ryan from Pacing the Panic Room has to say about why he made this compilation. It's heartwarming!