I just made the most amazingly easy and light chocolate cake. My mom had found the recipe on a cooking website we like to look at once in a while called Marmiton, a french site for recipes with whatever's left in your fridge. What also made us want to do it was that it only took 15 minutes to make, and 10 minutes to bake :)
The ingredients are very simple:
100g milk chocolate (I used Colatta)
4 tbsp flour
4 egg whites
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
I made a step-by-step with pictures below:
1. Put your chocolate in a bowl then put the bowl in a pan with boiling water. Heat the chocolate until it is melted.
2. Mix the flour spoon by spoon. Don't forget to sift your flour so you don't have lumps.
3. Once mixed, you will have a thick chocolate dough.
4. Put you egg whites (+ pinch of salt) in the mixer and mix until hard.
5. Slowly incorporate the egg whites into the chocolate dough. Slowly is the way to go here. You want the mixture to be fluffy.
6. Put your mixture in a pie plate about 10-15 cm in diameter (smaller than your usual pie plate).
7. Bake for about 8 to 11 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready!
This recipe makes for 4 big slices.