6.26.2011

ASIAN-STYLE STEAMED FISH

I've been craving fresh fish lately and when I saw that my friend, mba Ayu Husodo had a steamed fish recipe on her blog, I knew I had to try it out. Especially because it's a Jamie Oliver recipe! Mba Ayu has been challenging herself to cook several of Jamie's recipes and so far, she's done a really great job and all of them have been successful.
Besides cooking every single day for her family (yes ladies, you read that right!), mba Ayu also makes handmade crafts which I talked about in a previous post and which you can see on this website...

So anyway, back to this wonderful fish which I cooked today... It was amazingly good! I made a few changes from the original recipe on mba Ayu's blog but it's just cause I was trying to be creative...hahaha... oh and I ate the fish with some organic sweet potatoes from YUM's organic farm and they were perfect with the fish!

See below for the recipe:

Asian-style Steamed Fish (for 1 serving)

100-150g grouper fish (kerapu in indonesian)
A handful of pak choi or bok choi, slice half lengthways

Bring to boil a pan of hot water. Use a colander or a steamer or a pyrex dish. Put in the pak choi first and the fish on top of it. Steam for about 10 minutes. Check that the fish is cooked through.

For the sauce:
2 cm ginger, peel and grate
2 cloves of garlic, peel and grate
2 cm lemongrass, cut finely
1/2 fresh red chilli
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of half a lime/lemon (add according to your taste)
1/2 tsp honey
salt

Mix all the ingredients together and once your fish and pak choi are ready, put them on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. You can eat this with white rice. Or like me, just take some sweet potatoes, cut in 8 lengthwise, drizzle some olive oil on them and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. When they're cooked, give them some salt & pepper to taste.

Enjoy!!